I have to say, I feel really happy and accomplished about these Four Seasons Yoga pieces. That's saying a lot, to me, because usually I feel very self-conscious and negative about my art... which is typical of most art students. Now that they're done, I feel like a tiny part of me is complete - in a good way, of course!
Quite a few people tell me they prefer my sketches/watercolors over my acrylics - this statement bothers me but I'm trying not to let it get to me too much. I would rather make something I consider "finished" and am happy with, and in a medium I am happy working with, than to struggle with something I basically only use for "small, quick sketches" and never turns out the way I want, nor creates the colors or effects I want. I'm taking a watercolor class this semester and I really dread it sometimes because I just feel like it's not for me. Yes, I am learning new things from it, and yes I suppose that I'm OK at it... but it's just not for me. I don't feel myself in my paintbrushes or the paint when I use watercolor...
Music is important for me to listen to when I'm making art. I listen to mostly 80s music, and mostly "weird" 80s music at that. Not usually the stuff you'd hear on the radio. And even more at that, I especially like The Sugarcubes - especially their Icelandic album "Illur Arfur!" - they're so much fun. Björk's "Gling-Gló" album is a jazz album that's something I frequently put on when I'm feeling both happy and productive. Other than that, it's almost always "random/DJ" mode.
No comments:
Post a Comment