Monday, August 22, 2011

Talking Heads: Stop Making Sense

So tonight I watched the amaaaaaazing concert-film "Stop Making Sense" and decided I'd take out my sketchbook and a pencil. This is what happened (will replace crappy webcam photos with scanned ones as soon as I can get to a scanner)


David Byrne got easier to draw after a while - I usually accidentally make him look like my boyfriend - and Tina Weymouth is just captivating. I wish I could have gotten their instruments in properly but the camera angles and the band members move so much. It was great practice though!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, old friend. I love your scribbles! Haha, logged onto DeviantArt a little bit ago and saw your work.

    Your more simple and figurative work is some of my favorite stuff on there! Those pieces of Peter Heppner and the piece "Sugarcubes" are wonderful!

    Anyway, I hope you get this. Look me up on FaceBook! I'd love to bounce some ideas off of you from time to time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Wilsty. Thanks! I don't post on DeviantArt any more but thanks for your kind words :D I can't seem to find you on FB - how do I do that? Is there a link you could send? I would really enjoy having some ideas. Now that I'm out of school I haven't been making ANY art... for... the last... 6 months? Ugh. I'm awful. Hah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...lemme see. Just look up Alex Wilsterman and you should be able to find me. I couldn't find you either, hahaha.

    No, I understand you completely on the not making art thing. I'm IN art school and I'm not making art. I made more art in one week at my community college than I've made here the entire MONTH I've been here. That's a topic for another conversation, though. Talk soon! :)

    ReplyDelete