"Finding the Light"
This one is about a lady I once saw at North Station (in Boston). She was honestly a walking gradient. She had light grey hair with black ends, and was wearing a sweater that was grey that faded into black. Her shirt was grey, her skirt was dark grey, and she had black tights and boots. I thought she was really cool, like maybe the kind of middle-aged/older lady I hope to become someday... at least fashion-wise!
"Best Friends"
Another lady I saw while commuting on the train. (this may become a recurring theme!) When I saw this lady, all I could think of was champagne and chocolate. Her hair was kind of a champagne blonde, she was wearing a tan/champagne winter coat that was almost the same color as her hair, with brown trim... a brown scarf and champagne/tan gloves - though in this painting, for composition/interest reasons I left her hands bare with nailpolish - khaki pants, tan boots, and I think she was wearing champagne-colored eyeshadow too. She also kind of reminded me of a big Persian kitty. So here she is with that kitty and they're uh... having a fun day at the museum. :)
My next two paintings are also going to be about women I've seen while travelling via commuter rail. Really.
No comments:
Post a Comment