Thursday, April 28, 2011

Portfolio finished; Promotional packages for guests finished; Future goals and dreams

Well, I'm done with Portfolio and will be graduating in a few weeks (although not walking in Commencement). I have 16 images total, 11 of which I created especially for the Portfolio class. They have all been scanned, printed on nice-quality matte inkjet paper, trimmed to size, and put in a portfolio case. My teacher, Scott, seems happy with everything I've done - which makes me very happy!

Today I spent a long time printing labels and resumés to finish my promotional packages for next week's class's guests. 28 or so art directors and other artbusiness related people will be at our school for our Senior Illustration Reviews... instead of hanging up our work early in the morning and then going away for a few hours, then coming back to take everything down and read 3 written reviews by illustration faculty, we will be showing our portfolios to these people. Very exciting and scary! I am not sure what to think. Anyway, I had a tough time with the Avery clear printing labels (wasted 4 out of 10 sheets, used 3 more which printed fine, but some on the ruined sheets are salvageable) but they truly were worth it. Very professional-looking. The resumé paper is really nice and also worth the money/look professional. I had a fun time putting everything together in 6"x9" catalog envelopes - very repetitive and soothing. I wouldn't mind being paid to put stuff into envelopes and slapping labels on them! I'm weird. :)

So what's next? A list of my goals, hopes and dreams for the rest of the year, in no particular order or importance:

-Get 11"x17" flatbed scanner (for artwork)
-Send promo pieces to art directors/apply for art-related jobs, somehow
-Go job hunting in Wilmington, Winchester, Acton, Concord, Maynard... maybe find a nice part-time job that won't make me hate people all over again ;)
-Move away somewhere with Alex - and take my cats with me!
-Visit a Scandinavian country
-Dimsum or Korean BBQ, or some other really cool and unusual food experience
-Visit Winchester Center via commrail as much as possible because it's pretty there, and easy to get to
-Paint portraits of my friends with their cats (we are all cat people)
-On-site, outdoor painting
-Human figure practicing, maybe on friends or at least with friends
-Continue learning Svenska on RosettaStone
-Make business cards for Vicki's and my possible indoor mural career, to give to my dad's customers at his work
-Clean out closet, donate unwanted clothes, go shopping and replace with interesting yet useful clothes (I seem to suffer from the problem of having so many clothes and nothing to wear)
-Study outer space and mythological creatures for art inspiration
-Yoga and pilates and kettlebell - get back into shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment