So I'm all done with college... so nervous but it feels OK for now.
Portfolio Reviews went fine - I talked to some very interesting and helpful people who seemed to like my artwork a lot! Or at least I hope so. Portfolio Show was fine too. Not really what I expected... barely anyone looked at my portfolio and almost nobody had any questions for me (which is fine because it was so loud in there I had to yell at the top of my lungs for anyone to hear me); instead it was sort of a blur of people collecting postcards/business cards. Maybe 10-12 people, tops, flipped through my portfolio. But it's okay. I remember doing the same thing myself last year. It seemed most people like my 'Summer Yoga' postcard, followed by 'Spring'. I ran out of business cards halfway through, and had a lot of leftovers for 'Fall Yoga' - I almost wish I made postcards of 'Winter' instead. The best part for me, of course, was when my boyfriend visited :) ...and the cannoli. Yum!
Proudly, I've been applying to a lot of places lately through many databases and websites, as well as sending out postcards to magazines. I've also just signed up tonight for IllustrationFriday and ArtistADay in hopes of sparking some creativity. This grey and gloomy weather has gotten me down really bad. Oh, and I'm also open to commissions.
I think next I need to start drawing people again, especially men and kids. The former is fine because I have a boyfriend and a dad and a grampy and brothers... the latter scares me a bit because people are so overprotective about their kids in this day and age. I think, maybe, if I go sit in a park with sunglasses and a tiny sketchbook, I -should- be able to get some sketching done... when it stops raining. :) I definitely want to draw Alex though. And my cats... heheh.
No comments:
Post a Comment