Sunday, June 24, 2012

A project.


So… this one is kind of like… one part “acrylic practice”, one part “assignment”, one part “showing someone how I paint” - selected from a choice of her collection of inspirational/reference photos that she had. I feel like I should have painted some cool South End buildings that she had in that folder, but I’d never painted a beach scene before. I enjoyed it.

For this painting, as part of the assignment, I altered the way I approach painting. Normally I’d get a thin glaze of everything down and work on a little of everything here and there - for this one, I worked in shapes, one at a time.

As an artist, this is one of the first times i’ve looked at a painting of a subject anyone could paint, and went, “yep, I can tell that’s mine”. That’s a good feeling. My brushstrokes are becoming as personal as my handwriting. I like that. Anyway, this project… well, we’ll see where it goes. I really hope something good happens with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment